Author Topic: hello??  (Read 225 times)

periwinkle

hello??
« on: October 07, 2020, 06:26:21 PM »
hi, I'm new here but I'm curious about the site and super interested in the whole concept of it. I just wanna get to know everyone and figure out where I start and how.

Offline snufkin

• 15300 stars
  • [ she/her ]
  • badges This user has submitted a fanfic! Go read their hard work! This user has been here since the first week of HM opening!
    • View profile
    • Awards
Re: hello??
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2020, 06:33:13 PM »
BRO the way Eskie and I were gushing over your username when we saw you joined !! Your username is SO cute I love it so much

Anyhoo!! It's nice to meet you!! My username is Snufkin, but you can just call me Hoot :^]

With joining you can jump in however you like !! A lot of people like to make character biographies in this board, but that's optional! :^]
❀          Then everyone crept into his bed and, making a cozy nest for himself, pulled his blanket over his ears and thought of something nice. But Moomintroll sighed a little and said: "I'm afraid we shall waste an awful lot of time." "Don't worry," answered Snufkin, "we shall have wonderful dreams, and when we wake up it’ll be spring."                                                         ❀

Offline Eskie

• administrator
  • 19000 stars
  • badges This user has submitted a fanfic! Go read their hard work! This user has been here since the first week of HM opening!
    • View profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2020, 06:35:15 PM »
hiya !! welcome <33
omg for sure! i’m eskie, one of the admins, so i’m definitely down to help you figure out the site and everything that comes with it. you’re more than welcome to pm me with any questions you have, to chat, or plot!

also, i just wanna say, something kinda funny that i hope makes you laugh- @snufkin and i were actually talking about how cute your username was just now!

anyways !! starting on halfmoon is super easy because there’s no wrong or right way at all. we have some boards designed to help you plot ideas and build characters, so check out the character creation board- that’s where we make threads to organize any ideas we have for characters. all relevant guides to hesper county / boundless haven are either in their respective boards, or in the site guides board! once you’ve chosen a character and where you’d like to rp them, we suggest making a subaccount so they can have their own cute little profile, but that’s optional as well. then, you can just get started posting whatever the hell you’d like to post with your character. usually in boundless haven, we recommend posting a joining thread so other characters can welcome yours; in hesper county, you can create just a random thread (ex: maybe your character hosts a neighborly meet and greet at their house!) to get started

/ ninja’d hehe

Venus

« Reply #3 on: October 07, 2020, 06:52:15 PM »
hey!! welcome to halfmoon im so glad u decided to check us out! i'm ghost, or bee, the other admin of the site and u can send me any questions as well<33

as eskie said, it's easy to start off! by building up ideas and interacting with fellow members, you're sure to build up a great family here.
« Last Edit: October 07, 2020, 07:10:33 PM by ghostie »

periwinkle

« Reply #4 on: October 08, 2020, 02:24:13 PM »
omg you guys are so sweet  ;D
thanks for the warm welcome as I honestly do appreciate it.
I'll definitely be looking around the site more to try and learn all that I can and thanks for the directions for biographies and the information on how to get started. I browsed some things and the lore is really lovely *.*

tanks for liking my name as well, I've always thought it was cute personally and it is so nice to meet the three of you!