Author Topic: WHAT’S BEEN GOING ON? / an explanation behind HM’s hiatus!  (Read 98 times)

Offline Eskie

• administrator
  • 19000 stars
  • badges This user has submitted a fanfic! Go read their hard work! This user has been here since the first week of HM opening!
    • View profile
    • Awards
WHAT’S BEEN GOING ON? / an explanation behind HM’s hiatus!
« on: December 24, 2020, 02:20:56 PM »
Hey guys! First off, I’d like to apologize for the sudden hiatus of Halfmoon’s main games. Due to shifting staff positions caused by inactivity in myself and others, we were forced to put the site on hold until able to sort things out. I understand the inconvenience, and ensure that once the staff team grows, this should not be an issue in the future, but due to our small size now, it was difficult to run a site with only one or two semi-active members! I myself have dedicated time aside for Halfmoon, so this should not happen anytime in the near future as well as promoted a couple new members!

As far as staff goes, there have been some changes you may have noticed! My former co-admin has stepped down from the site due to personal reasons, Fuentes, our moderator, has done the same temporarily until their semester is over. Additionally, our site coder has stepped down due to activity as well, but has passed on the keys to myself, so I’ll be able to keep the site looking pretty! @noccy has stepped up alongside @phantomatics  to work as a community assistant! Additionally, @finny.  has come on board as a senior mod! I’m extremely grateful for everyone’s work on the site, and can’t wait to see more of it. However, this does mean our staff team is smaller than before, and though that’s manageable with the small member base that we have, we do ask if you have interest in becoming a staff member to go ahead and dm me! We especially need moderators who can take on a bit more responsibility.

As far as our main games go, we have made some major changes to Boundless Haven due to its smaller member base. Currently, Boundless Haven’s groups have been disbanded, and there is a singular board for public threads, as the world will be thrown into anarchy! Check out the new lore over there, as well as some fun territories to inspire you! This is a temporary measure until we get more members in BH, at which point we will allow the members to create their own groups and help out with establishing them! I want to personally thank @snufkin  for sharing the idea with me as well, and helping me plan it out as well as work on territories with me.

Hesper County is still going to plan, and we have decided on a new monthly plot that will go into effect January first. There will be an IC update in the site news header, so lookout for that. Remember that each monthly plot comes with a badge earned by participating in the event, as well! Until then, residents of Lunar Point can enjoy the snow and newly decorated merry main square!

Lastly, I would like to let y’all known that the RP site, bearbonesrp.com and ourselves are now sister sites! For y’all, this means we will host some fun crossover events for both sites! Truce and I have already come up with the idea of holding writing competitions, Bearbones vs. Halfmoon, where our members will compete in how many IC posts we can stack up, and the winning site will earn a reward as well as bragging rights! (Don’t let them beat us- I expect you all to squash them!) Stay tuned for these events, which will be announced in the OOC news header!

That’s all for now, and I want to thank you all for sticking by Halfmoon and being patient with us! If you have any questions, feel free to post below, or PM me or a staff member. Love you guys <3